Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What's for Dinner Wednesday- Cake Mix Waffles

You may already know this handy trick, but it was new to me.

I spent Saturday morning checking interest and happened to come across a picture of a chocolate waffle covered in ice cream and strawberries. As I looked at the description it said it was made with chocolate cake mix!



I went about my rat killing, nit thinking to much about the waffles. Then later that day I remembered that I had told my MIL I would bring dessert to her house on Saturday. We ended p being gone all day and I didn't have time to whip up something. I remembered the waffles and thought that would be a good dessert!

I sent my hubby to the store for chocolate cake mix, ice cream, and fruit preserves.

To make these yummy little treats just make the cake batter according to the directions on the box. Pour a couple spoon fills into a heated waffle maker. Let cook for a couple of minutes, then remove. To with ice cream and your favorite topping. Mine was raspberry preserves.

I had left over batter so I decided to bake the rest of the waffles and freeze them for future use. When you bake the waffles in the waffle maker they are very light and fluffy. If you pop a frozen waffle in the toaster to reheat they will be a little crispier. Excuse me just a sec, promise I'll be right back...




Sorry about that, I had to stop and go make one. I am telling you they are just the right amount of chocolate! Then adding on the toppings just makes it blissful!!

Happy waffling!

Amy


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!