Thursday, September 1, 2011

Things to try Thursday - altering jeans

I know skinny jeans have been in style for a while now. I was really hoping they would be quick fad, but I am afraid they are gonna hang on for another season or two.

I haven't bought any skinny jeans because they are just not that flattering on me. They are skinny in all the places, including the places I am not skinny So we haven't gotten along in our previous dressing room visits, we both leave feeling bad!

My feelings on skinny jeans changed this summer when I tried Holy Craft's skinny jeans tutorial.

I started with a regular pair of jeans that fit well. These happen to be a yard sale find from a couple years ago.



Then I followed the tutorial and ended up with a new pair of skinny jeans. These jeans literally fit me!



Here I am feeling like a cool kid!



If you don't like the fit of commercialized skinny jeans, or just wanna save some dough this is an awesome tutorial. It only took about 30 minutes from start to finish.

Happy sewing!

Amy

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!