Thursday, September 29, 2011

Kiddy Krafts with Mr. E

Last Friday Mr. E brought me a pad of paper and a pencil. He then proceeded to dictate to me a list of things he wanted to do the rest of the day. ( another list maker in the family:). One of the things on his list was to make a pair of binoculars. This seemed like a random request until he started telling me all the supplies he would need and how he would construct the binoculars. I asked if he had made binoculars at school that day, but nope they hadn't.

I don't know where he came up with the idea, but I thought it was cute none the less!

I told Mr. E that I was gonna take picture of him making his binoculars and make it into a tutorial for my blog. He didn't seem to car, but I was just so stinking excited that he had thought out how to make something.

So here we go, you are gonna need so e toilet paper rolls, Popsicle sticks, yarn, tape, staples, and stickers



First, hold the toilet paper rolls up to your eyes to see where you need to position your binoculars.



I took a string and measured the distance from the middle of each roll and then placed it on the Popsicle stick so I would know where to attach the toilet paper rolls.



Now staple your toilet paper rolls to your Popsicle sticks. There needs to be two on the top and two on the bottom, Mr. E was quite adamant about this step.






Now measure your string. Mr. E wanted his binoculars to hang down to his waste.



Now, tape the string to the Popsicle sticks. This took a couple pieces to really secure the string.



Use stickers, paint, crayons, markers, or anything else to decorate your binoculars.






Put those puppies around your neck.






(Miss C's turned out a little wonky, her eyes don't point in opposite directions)

Now go exploring!

Amy


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!