Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What's for snacking Wednesday

I guess you could make a meal out of this, I am sure I could. It probably wouldn't be considered the best meal, but it is definitely a tasty treat! Oh, and it is a great way to add some veggies to your diet!

So, now that your curiosity is peaked i guess I should tell you what this wonderful snack it's.....Zucchini Bread.

My grandmother brought me some zucchini this summer. One of my favorite things to use it for is zucchini bread. I have seen and tried several different zucchini bread recipes and this one is my favorite. It sweet, moist, and delectable.

Here is what you will need:

3 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup oil
2 cups zucchini grated
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
Chopped nuts (optional)

Heat your oven to 325 degrees. Then beat the eggs until frothy. Stir in the sugar, oil, zucchini, and vanilla.




Combine dry ingredients.



Stir into zucchini mixture until well mixed. Add nuts if desired. I didn't add them this time, but they do add a nice crunch to the bread.



Pour into 2 well greased bread pans.



My favorite thing to use is the spray with the flour added in.



Bake for 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes in pan, remove to wire rack. Cool thoroughly before slicing.



If you aren't going to eat both loaves immediately then wrap them in plastic wrap to keep them moist.



Enjoy!

Happy Baking!!

Amy


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!