Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What's For Dinner Wednesday-Creamy Chicken Quiche

This is a recipe that I have made for my family once or twice before.  When I was going through my recipes trying to decide what to cook for the week, this one caught my eye.

I love the creaminess (hence the name) of this quiche, and how all the flavors blend together just right to make it melt in your mouth!!

This recipe calls for you to make a crust.  I know some people find this intimidating, but this crust couldn't be easier.  I don't have a food processor, but that is really the easiest way to make a crust.  Dump all the ingredients in, and turn it on.  Once the ingredients form a ball you are done!! 

Here is everything you need to make this yummy dish.

For the Crust:
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp. paprika
2 tbsp. cold water

Filling:
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced (I used a can)
2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
1 green onion bunch, chopped
3 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups light cream
1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded

Blend crust ingredients together, roll out to make a 10 in. pie crust.  Bake 5 minutes at 400 degrees.  Cool.


Saute the mushrooms in the butter.
Add the chicken and green onions.  Saute 5 minutes.

Drain off the excess butter, then add to the pie shell.


Blend egg, salt, and cream together. Pour into pie shell.

Sprinkle cheese over top.


Bake for 45 to 55 minutes at 350 degrees, or until set.



Serves 6.


Enjoy!!

Happy Baking!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!