Thursday, April 15, 2010

Turtle Pretzels

The other day I was hungry.  Hungry for something sweet that is.  So I started rummaging through the cabinets and came across a bag of pretzels, a bag of Hershey Kisses, and a container of Cashews.

Hum, what can I make out of that...well Turtle Pretzels (kinda, there isn't any caramel in these things).

You want to start off by lining a baking sheet with wax paper/parchment paper.  This makes for easy clean up.  I am all about not having to wash another dish.  Go ahead and turn that oven on to 350 to get it all warm and tosty.

Then lay your pretzels on your cookie sheet. 
Next unwrap your Kisses.  This process would have been much faster for me if I had an extra set of hands to help me out.  But, I didn't think dirt would go well with my sweet treat.

Now, pop those babies in the oven for a couple of minutes.  Just long enough for the Kisses to melt a little bit.

Finally, top each pretzel/Kiss with a cashew.

Enjoy!!  I found these to be a good combo of sweet and salty, and just small enough for me to eat a bunch with out realizing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!