Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Shine Up Those Shoes

Okay, if you are like me, you buy kids shoes used or pass them down. I just received 5 pairs of hand-me-downs from my sister-in-law (Mother of 3 beautiful girls). 3 of the pairs are white shoes. I decided to shine them up a little the other day with a mixture of baking soda and water. I mixed baking soda with a little water to form a paste. I then used an old ( or if you are mad at your husband at the time, his..ha ha)toothbrush to brush the paste on the shoes. Once I was done a took a damp cloth and washed off what was left of my baking soda paste. The shoes were almost good as new. Let's face it, white shoes never look the same after a couple days worth of wear. Anyway, I also did this to a pair of leather shoes Missy Priss has out grown.

Good Luck and Happy Shinning!!

--Amy

2 comments:

  1. Amy..Hi..I'm Barb from santasgiftshoppe (Samoa Girl Scout cookies & bars) anyway thanks for the comment & I loved your blog name so had to see it. Love the baby blanket..I wanted to invite you over to My Creative Space Mondays @ Santa's Gift Shoppe (Year Round) You could link up that post (baby blanket) if you wanted.This will be my 1st & I would love to have you. (Hope I can figure everything out to put it up April 12th) Hope to see ya...Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi amy! thanks for finding me...and commenting! i do have to say...your raspberry cupcakes have inspired me as well. they look oh, soooooo yummy! definitely next on the list of dessert makings :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!