Thursday, April 29, 2010

Things to Try Thursday-A Frock by Friday

Earlier this week I found out about a Frock by Friday.  Kathleen from Grosgrain is having a great week long step-by-step tutorial on making a dress.  She has picked a dress pattern out to use and everything.  I am a little behind everyone else since I found out about the fun a couple days after everyone else. 

Here is a picture of the fabric I picked out. 

It is a shower curtain that I found at one of my local thrift stores for $3.50.  It is two yards long and 70 inches wide.  I am hoping it will be enough material, because the pattern calls for 2 1/2 yards of fabric.  When I finish my dress I will share the final result.  Hopefully it turns out well.  If you try the Frock by Friday dress making as well I would love to see what you have made.

Happy Sewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!