Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Things to Try Thursday--Peasant Blouse and Fabric Flowers

This year I have decided to make all the gifts we will be giving.  So far, I have succeeded in this quest. 
A couple of weeks ago was my niece's birthday and I decided to make her a Peasant Blouse and a matching headband.  To jazz up the shirt or headband I made a cute fabric flower.

With this warmer weather....yeah!!  I needed to make some play clothes for Missy Priss.  I decided to make her a Peasant Blouse as well.  I made her shirt out of a pillow case.  I loved the ilet lace on the bottom of the pillow case.  I decided to make a flower for her shirt too.  It was the perfect accessory for this cute little shirt.
Enough with the pictures already Mom!!
She decided to leave so I would stop taking her picture.

I found the Peasant Shirt tutorial at Indietutes.   She has some wonderful photos to outline her tutorial.  It was very easy to follow!!  These were the first garments I have ever attempted.  I was very pleased out at the outcome of both shirts.
The fabric flower tutorial is from Blue Cricket Design.  This was another easy tutorial to follow.  I just love the stuff at Blue Cricket Design is always cute. 

If you need a gift or just a shirt for your little one for this summer.  These are some great tutorials to follow to get a new shirt and some cute accesories.

Happy Sewing!!

1 comment:

  1. Thats a good idea to ive made gifts a lot more personal, but looking at your pictures you have the skill to be able to do so!! LOL

    Unfortunatly i am unable to make anything other than the bed!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!