Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What's for Dinner Wednesday-Lasagna

I love to make lasagna.  It is a really simple, but delicious meal.  My family likes it too, so that is an added bonus!!

You will need;
1 lb. ground beef
6 lasagna noodles
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 container of ricotta cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 jar of spaghetti sauce.  I like to get the fancier sauce because it makes the lasagna taste better.

Start by browning your ground beef.

While you cook the beef you can start boiling your noodles.

Once the beef is done, add your jar of sauce and mix.  Keep the mixture on low until you are finished with the dish.

Mix the ricotta cheese, egg, and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.






When the noodles are done I like to dry them off on a paper towel. 

Put a little of the meat sauce on the bottom of your pan.

Add three noodles.

Top the noodles with half of the ricotta cheese mixture.  Spread the mixture evenly over the noodles.

Spoon half of the meat mixture on top of the ricotta cheese and spread around.

Cover this with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.

Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.

Now you are ready to bake.

I made this for my friends who just had a baby and sent a can of crescent rolls too.  Sorry, I don't have a finished picture, but I feel sure that you all have seen a pan of lasagna before.  This recipe is adapted from the lasagna recipe in the Betty Crocker Cookbook.  The first time I made the lasagna I started following the directions until I realized they had me making my own spaghetti sauce.  I think it is much easier and faster to use a good store bought brand!!! 

Happy Baking!!

2 comments:

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!