Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Pots

Last year I started my collection of cast iron pots.


This covered casserole dish was my first.  I have made soups and chili in this wonderful pot.  It is 5 qt. so  it holds enough food for large numbers of people.

For Christmas my hubby added to my collection. 

This is a 5 qt. braiser.  I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet, but I look forward to browning some meat and caramelizing some onions in this dish...I can smell the deliciousness already!!

Next is this wonderful casserole dish.  I have already used this dish two or three times! 

I now have THREE beautiful red cast iron pots!  They are my favorite cooking pieces.  They cook everything nice and evenly and are easy to clean up!!  What a great combo, well I think so.


I know they are heavy and take up considerable cabinet space, but they are sooooo worth it.  I just can't tell you enough how much I love these pots!!

All three of these beauties came from my local Aldi grocery store.  They were quite the steal with prices ranging from $25 to $30.  Who could pass up that awesome deal!

I hope you are enjoying your new Christmas presents as much as I am!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!