Thursday, June 17, 2010

Things to Try Thursday-Sweater Flower and Pearl Necklace

A while back I saw a cute tutorial over at Craftaholics Anonymous.  Well, she has a ton of cute tutorials, so that isn't saying a lot that I found one.  Anyway, there was this tutorial for a sweater, ribbon, and pearl necklace.  It was so cute that I just had to try it out!
Here are the two necklaces that I made. 
The black one is my favorite. With my coloring (a shade darker than a ghost) the black just looks better than the neutral necklace.  I found my necklaces at thrift stores for a couple bucks a piece.  The bigger beads were part of a necklace that was broken.  I kept the extra beads and plan on making a pair of earings out of them.  The one thing I would change about my necklaces is to make the ribbon a little shorter and I would have bought a thinner ribbon.  All in all I am pleased with these little jems and look forward to wearing them out on the town!
Happy Crafting!!

2 comments:

  1. I really love the black one. They turned out so cute! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out so cute! I like the black one too. The flower is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!