Thursday, June 10, 2010

Things to Try Thursday-Reusable Sandwich Bags

I found this weeks thing to try over at Create Studio.  Sarah entered these cute little sandwich bags in the SYTYC competition.  Once I saw these bags I knew I had to make some.  I found a cool lunch box for $1.00 at a local yard sale.  I just loved the teal and brown colors...and the fact that it was brand new.
I made the teal bag first and ended up sewing the seams on the inside, but it still works.  The brown one turned out much better.
Here is what the bags look like on the inside.  I love that they are lined with Ziploc bags so you can wash the bags and reuse!! 
The bags have the old style closure, where the top flips down and tucks under a little flap.  I was pleased with the end result and would love to make a couple more.  This was a gift for my husbands Aunt.  Great for taking lunch to work!!

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!