Monday, June 28, 2010

Makin' It Monday-Recipe Cards

I have so many recipes that I love to make or want to make, but I run into the problem that I don't have enough recipe cards.  I will end up writing recipes on scraps of paper and store them until I can find some at the store.  I love cute recipe cards, but I hate how much you have to pay for them.  So, I thought I would make some...

Here is what you need:
Scrapbook paper
Cutter
Pens
glue stick
And something to draw straight lines
Start with cutting your paper.  I cut mine to be 4x6, but you might need them to be bigger or smaller depending on your cookbook.

Next, I used some scrap white paper to embellish my cards.

I also used some white cards and spruced them up a bit with some excess of the printed paper.


Just glue everything together.
Now, just add the lines and you are done!

Quick easy and easy on the wallet.  I made 20 recipe cards.  I think this would make a great wedding gift with a few of your favorite recipes and a new casserole dish. 

Happy Crafting!

























4 comments:

  1. Very cute :) I love the inexpensive version of a custom look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I'm hosting We're Organized Wednesday till Friday and would love for you to join the party. http://organizeyourstuffnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love that cutter? My dd had "inherited" mine and she cuts everything with it! Those look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out so cute. Thanks for joining We're Organized Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!