Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What's for Dinner Wednesday- Roast and Veggies

I am salivating just thinking about a yummy roast with soft delectable vegetables on the side. I can smell it too. I guess that makes since because one is baking in my oven right now.

This is a great meal to make for company or just the family. It is filling and warm. A great combination during the cold winter months. Although I could eat this everyday of the year.

What you need:

A roast (I use a 2 to 2 1/2 lbs roast. Don't get one that is too lean. You want there to be a big strip of fat going down the middle. This is what males it so tender when it is done!!)
4-6 potatoes (I'm lazy so I just wash and dice them)
3/4 a bag of baby carrots
2 onions sliced.
Worcestershire sauce
Steak sauce

First you need to line your baking dish with heavy duty aluminum foil. I buy the really wife kind and just use it when I fix roasts. You want to make a nice bag for the roast and veggies to cook in, so leave enough on the ends to be able to completely cover the dish.

Place your meat in the dish and stab it with a fork or knife. Make sure you do this on both sides.

Next, cover both sides with he Worcestershire and steak sauces. This seasons the meat and veggies.


Add the veggies to the top of the meat and evenly disperse.


Take the foil and wrap the meat and veggies. seal the edges together.

Now place in the over at 300 for about four hours.

Cooking the meat on a low temperature for a longer time will yield more tender, juicy meat.

Now go relax, read a book, or if you have to do some house work non a couple of hours you will be eating this savory meal!!


Happy cooking!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!