Monday, May 24, 2010

What's for Dinner Wednesday-Spinach Salad with Chicken, Strawberries and Balsamic Dressing

Okay,  so I made this with the stuff I found around my kitchen.  I am trying to eat a little healthier and thought this salad would be a good way to start.

You need a bag of salad mix.  I used a bag of spinach.
Strawberries.  I used 8 oz. 
1-1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheese
1 can of chicken

Dressing:
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper (freshly ground is better if you have it)

Mix all of the dressing ingredients together and wish until the sugar and salt have dissolved.  This makes a little over a cup of dressing. 

Pour the dressing into a container.

Wash and dry your spinach.  Place in your salad bowl.

Pile on all of your salad ingredients.  Drizzle with the dressing.

Toss the salad with tongs to mix it up and coat it with the dressing.

Serve and enjoy!

Happy Eating!!

1 comment:

  1. That looks really yummy! And healthy, which is a big plus. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!