Saturday, January 30, 2010

Warm Soup On a COLD Day

Here is a soup recipe that I received from one of my best friends (who is a very good cook). I have adapted it to what I have on hand, so feel free to do so as well.

You will need a can of each of your favorite vegetables...hopefully you have a few.





I used:
Green Beans
Sliced Carrots
Green Peas
Whole Kernel Corn
Potatos (I get the whole potatos and then slice them myself)




Diced Tomatoes
Tomato Sauce (i had tomato paste so I used that)
Beef broth (i used four bullion cubes and dissolved in my soup, you can also use a beef stew seasoning)
12 oz. Tomato Juice ( I use V8)

Once you have all of your ingredients assembled find a large pot to add your goodies too. I just bought a cast iron pot at Aldi's a couple of weeks ago for $30 (what a deal) It was a 5 qt. pot and I filled it pretty full.

Start by placing your tomato juice, paste and diced tomatos in the pot. I chopped my bullion cubes with a large knife so they would dissolve faster, and then added them to the mixture.




Next come the veggies. I like to drain the veggies and rinse them a couple of times in the can. On the last rinse I fill the can with water to cover the veggies and pour into the pot.



Now stir everything together and bring to a boil. Let boil for 5-10 minutes and then simmer on the stove until you are ready to eat. You could also dump everything in a crockpot before you go to work in the morning set on low. When you get home supper is ready.




This makes a lot of soup and is great for sharing with friends and neighbors.

I hope you enjoy!!!

--Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!