Saturday, January 30, 2010

Some Things I Have Made

I have been on a crafting kick lately. I have been to tons of craft blogs seeking inspiration, and saving tons of things to make at a later date.

Here are some of the things I have made.

First I used some old scrapbook paper to make some magnets for a friends birthday. I also made her a notepad holder (from Sister's Stuff) Mine wasn't this cute...but functional non-the-less. (Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the notepad holder)




Then I made some cute Valentine's shirts for my kiddos and my 3 nieces. I found the shirts for 3 dollars at Target. The T-shirt transfers were only $2.50 (at the same great store). For my little boy I decided to do a t-shirt stensil so his shirt would be a little more masculine. I used my Cricut and cut out the words "Heart Breaker" and just used some black fabric paint and brush to get the words on his shirt. This was the first time I have done this, and it was REALLY easy!!! I want to go get some more plain shirts and make some more!!







We went to a 1st Birthday party this weekend for a friends little boy. He really likes tractors and farming ( He is the child of two farmers, the grandson of farmers, and I am sure the lineage continues way back...so how could he not like this stuff). I decided to make him a t-shirt with his name on it and a sippy cup holder. I used some John Deere fabric I got at the clearance section of my local Hobby Lobby and my Cricut to cut out the letters. I attaced them to the shirt (another Target shirt) with Wonder under. Finally I had stiched around the letters to secure them even better, and to add some general cuteness. I got the instructions for the sippy cup leash from Make It and Love It.






Last night I made a cute little dress for Missy Priss out of two tea towels. Trey and Lucy made her daughter one of these dressed and I thought it would be really cute to make my little one a Valentine's dress. This was another easy project. I think I will be making more of these in the future. I got the towels in the dollar section of Target. They were $2.50 for two towels. I wased them before making the dress to eliviate any future shrinkage. Then just soewed them together. And viola....




I would suggest getting bigger towels for older girls. Missy Priss is 13 months old and these two towels were just the right size (width wise) for her, but older girls will need a wider towel.



I have started redoing a t-shirt that I got at Goodwill with some ruffles, but I haven't decidec how I want it to look, so I will post pictures of that later. I also bought a Red t-shirt that I want to add lace around the neckline, like Grace Violet does.



I have been going to my local thrift store scouring for good deals on stuff I can craft with. These deals will just have to wait for another poast. I am being called for a picnic at the beach with Pookie ( play food on the bathroom rugs in the living room).



I hope ya'll have an equally enjoying day!!



--Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!