Saturday, March 27, 2010

World's Best Lotion

Well, in my opinion it is the world's best lotion...I guess you will have to make it and see what you think.

Whatcha need: (I really need to let my southern drawl kick in just a little every now and then..hehe)
16 oz. of your favorite lotion
8 oz. vitamin E cream
7.5 oz. petroleum jelly


Now you want to add all of your ingredients together in a bowl. If you use regular petroleum jelly (it is cheaper), then you will want to warm it in the microwave for about 1-2 min. I microwaved it in 30second intervals. It won't get runny, but it does make it easier to work with. If you use the creamy petroleum jelly, then you don't need to worry with heating it....just dump it in as is.


I just used a rubber spatula and mixed the lotion and creams together. You want to make sure you get the jelly incorporated well and not in lumps.



After you get the lotion to your desired consistency make sure you have plenty of dry skin exposed...this next part can be messy.
You want to place the lotion into containers, either as gifts or for yourself. If you already have jars or bottles that is great!! I made my lotion for me and just put it back in the containers I just emptied. If you plan on filling a small mouthed container the easiest way is to fill a ziploc bag 1/2 to 3/4 full and seal. Then, you will cut a small hole in the bottom corner of the bag...and I do mean small b/c it will get bigger the more you work with the lotion.



Then just squeeze the lotion out of the bag and into your container. Once the bag is empty refill until your container is full or you run out of lotion. I use my feet, elbows, my husbands feet, elbows, and my kids (if i can catch them) to wipe off the excess lotion.

This lotion is very creamy and a little bit goes a long way. I really like to use this lotion on my feet at night and sleep in socks...you will wake up with soft, happy feet. With sandal season fast approaching this is a great way to treat your winter abused feet.

If you try this lotion let me know what you think!!!
--Amy

1 comment:

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!