Saturday, March 27, 2010

Baby Blanket

I know several prego people right now...and most of them are expecting little girls. When I stumbled upon this super soft fabric at Hobby Lobby I just had to snatch it up...$3.60 for 1/2 yard.

I knew this would make a perfect baby blanket. It will be just the right size to cover a little lap in a car seat.

Here is the material I used.


1/2 yard of soft fabric, coordinationg ribbbon for the edges, and coordinating thread.

First, I folded my fabric in half and trimmed the edges into an even line. (Note: Be careful-I have read of some cutting misshaps with rotatry cutters this week, it has made me a little nervous.)

Second, I measured my ribbon and cut seperate seciont for each side. You could probably measure and cut one piece, but I was afraid I wouldn't get it on straight.

Third, I folded my ribbon in half and creased it.


Fourth, I placed the ribbon around the edges and pinned in place.


Lastly, I sewed the ribbon onto the blanket.


And your done...you have a perfect gift for a baby shower, or new baby!!

Mine cost less than $5 to make.

Happy Sewing!!

--Amy
Linked to:
Photobucket
Photobucket"/>







2 comments:

  1. What a pretty fabric, looks like it turned out very cute! Thanks for joining the party!
    -Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love minky, and that chocolate color is gorgeous! I'm thoroughly addicted to digging through the reminant bin. :>) Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!