Wednesday, February 17, 2010

T-Shirt Redo

This may not really count as a redo, but I did a little updating to a red shirt I got at Goodwill a couple of weeks ago. I have several red shirts in my t-shirt arsonal and I wanted to make this one a little different.

I started with a plain red t-shirt and an old black tank top.

I a strip off the tank top and folded it in half and ironed it. Then I sewed the edges together. Next, I pinned the black fabric around the neck of my red t-shirt. The fabric was too long so I cut the excess off and sewed the two ends together. Finally, I sewed the fabric to the neck of my shirt.

This is the result.

I like how the new neckline stand out a little from my neck and chest. The t-shirt is a little shorter than I would like for it to be. I tried to add fabric to the bottem of the shirt for a layered t-shirt look, but the tank top fabric wasn't wide enough to fit the bottom of my red shirt and I didn't have enough left to make two panels to attach. So, I will have to really wear a tank top biggie it just keeps me warmer.

Happy Weekend to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!