Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My New Donkey

We have quite the minagere going on at our little homestead. We have 5 cows, 7 goats (we just sold 2), a cat, and the newest member is a minature donkey.



I have picked the perfect name for our donkey...drum roll please...Jack!!! I know, I know such an original name. He is just so darn cute. I just want to hold him and squeeze him and love him forever. (I promise I am not like that freaky kid from the Luney Tunes who hugs her animals until the eyes pop out)


Here are some cute pics of Jack...







I was trying to hold onto Missy Priss, Jack , and take a picture at the same time all so you could see that he is the perfect size for the kiddos to ride on. Miss Priss was so excited while sitting atop her noble stead...well her noble donkey.
I grew up around horses and we still have lots of equine equipment. One item in particular will be getting a lot of use this summer-my baby saddle. I can't wait to lead both of the kiddos around this summer. I wish Jack was a little bigger so I could get in a couple of laps around the field too.


I will be posting more pictures of our new friend in the coming months!!


Have a great day!!


Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!