Sunday, March 13, 2011

Refashioned Drawstring Bags

Gifts for guys (teen and up) are so hard for me, I just have no idea what to get them. 

Well my husband had some drawstring bags he had gotten from different places that he never used.  They had already been marked with logos.  I decided to cover them up and add some "cool stuff" to the fronts.


These were gifts for my husbands younger cousins.  I added Buzz Lightyear fleece to the first bag.  The second bag was for a Sr. in High School, so I wanted something a little more grown-up.  He plays Lacrosse so I figured his last name across the bag would make a little cooler.  After using heat 'n bond to adhere the appliques to the bags I stitched around the edges to make sure the fabric stayed put. 

I think this would be a fun project for a little girl's ballet bag or a sports bag with the jersey number appliqued on the front.  Endless possibilities...oh what fun!

Happy Crafting!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! We've got a few of those handing around. I'll have to try it out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!