Monday, March 28, 2011

Easter Wreath

I realize that we are almost to the end of March and I really need to take down my St. Patrick's Day decorations. 

I hated to take them down and have nothing new and Eastery to put up in their place.  So I decided to remedy my Easter Wreath situation.  I made a new one!!

I started with the cardboard back off one of my son's Color Wonder coloring books.  He had torn it off and I was about to throw it away when I realized I could use it!!

Take a piece of cardboard, a pen, and something square to trace.  I used one of our Church Bulletins. 

Trace the square on your cardboard.

Then cut it out.

Now it is time to wrap the square with yarn.  I had some multicolored yarn that I bought almost three years ago stashed away in the basement.  It is the perfect mix of spring colors! 

Keep wrapping until you get to the corners.  At this point wrap to the corner and then skip to the other side and wrap a couple of times. 

Now fill in the corner.  Once the corner is filled keep on going around your square until you are done.

Tie off the string and add another piece of string to hang the wreath with. 
Next I cut pieces of yarn and threaded them through the top of three small plastic eggs.  My eggs didn't have holes in the top, but I used a box cutter to make a small hole in the top of each egg.  I used an embroidery needle to thread the yarn through the hole. 

Tie a not in the end of your your to secure the egg in place.  Then put the bottom piece back on the egg.

Position your eggs at varying lengths and tie them to the frame.  I hid the excess yarn on the back of the wreath.  Then hang it up and you are all set for Easter!

Happy Crafting!!






1 comment:

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!