Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away...

Well... today is so completely different than Friday.  We have gotten almost a foot of rain in 2 days!!  Roads all the way around us are flooded. 

Our road is closed right outside of our house going into town.  After we got home from church (we go to church in the county...we drove on back roads to get there) my husband and son decided to go check out how much the road was covered by water.  This is what they found.


The road at the time this picture was taken is covered in about 5-6 inches of water.  After making a quick pitstop at home my hubby went back out in the rain on our 4-wheeler back to the local park...that is on the left side of the above picture.  The 100 electronic voting machines for our county are stored at this park, and the building was beginning to flood.  My hubby went to help move said machines and eventually load them on Uhal trucks to be moved to another location.  The water in the building rose from 2 inches to about 2 1/2 feet during the tree hours he was helping move these machines. 
My hubby is now driving a Uhal full of voting machines to another part of the county...I am loading up the kiddos and heading to fetch him.  Wish me Luck!!
Happy Swimming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Feel free to leave one. Thanks for stopping by!!